Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Week 32 - Surprises all round

Well, I phoned again today. I asked when my card would be ready and the HDJ sounded shocked to see that my cards/accounts were closed. I explained the whole thing about no Card unless the old card was cancelled, so she did some investigating. I found out a couple of things:

1 - They needed to make my accounts active again to get me a card. whatever....
2 - My card might be printed by the end of the week and sent to the courier company
3 - The average time for a brand new card to be delivered, (from application to delivery), is 1 month. So much for 5 days. Can't even remeber WHERE I heard that, it was so long ago.

I said that MIGHT wasn't good enough because I'd waited so long. She promised to phone the bank (FNB???) to find out where my card was, and then phone me back.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I asked her to wait, I took out my phone and started recording the conversation. Asked her for the time (1:33PM), her name, how to spell it, and to promise me that she would phone me back. Thought I might get a better response once I'd told her I'd hold her to it. SO MUCH FOR THAT. Did she phone me back. NO! But she did give me the e-mail address for supervisors. Hope it's correct. Something like discoverycard_service_team@discovery.co.za. Let's see what they say...

No comments: