Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Musings - Part 2

Well, I guess it's near the end of May now. It's taken a while to write the story so far, and yet there seems to be more. If you've read this far, well done. I'd just like to outline a few things I've learnt from all this.

1 - Is Discovery a bad company?
No, I wouldn't say so. It just looks like they don't really know how to handle new processes very well. Let's just say I think they'd qualify as a CMMi Level 1 company.

2 - Is it easy to get a Credit Card?
No. Unless you spend a LOT of money and owe people money, it would seem. I'm not saying you're completely in debt, though. I think it's a case of owing a lot of money, but still making the correct "minimum payments" required. Then you're a good payer, and you can get a credit card. But apparently you can't be a good payer if you don't owe money. One of life's little hiccups.

3 - Are all Help Desk Jockeys bad?
No. I am just SO glad I am not one. Imagine having to deal with clients/customers like me when your company offers you no support...

No comments: